What We Believe
Christ Jesus is always working. We serve Him, by joining into His mission of making Him known to the Lost. Jesus gave the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) for all of His disciples, commanding us to go to all the world, and make disciples of Him. God has always found a way to continue His mission in the world, by using people like us. Our mission is to live and share the love of Jesus with others, by being servants of Him, His Church and the Gospel.
Mansfield 1st - EPC is part of the Body of Christ called to:
- ...love God, to grow in Christ, and to serve everyone in the spirit of the Great Commission;
- ...seek and develop relationships with those who do not know Christ, together as a community of faith;
- ...teach others about Jesus Christ, and guide them (and each other) in mature, life-changing relationships with Him.
We Believe that:
- ...the Bible, which is uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks;
- ...all Scripture is self-attesting as being Truth and requires our unreserved submission in all areas of our lives;
- ...the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are the infallible Word of God; the complete and unified witness concerning God’s redemptive acts in history, which culminated in the Incarnation of the Living Word, the God-man, Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are a congregation of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) and the Presbytery of the Alleghenies. We affirm seven “Essentials of the Faith” and we subscribe to the Westminster Standards (being: the Westminster Confession of Faith , the Westminster Larger Catechism, and the Westminster Shorter Catechism.)
Come and join us on the journey of a lifetime – the journey of a life of faith in Jesus Christ.